Testing of the electrical equipment safety
One of duty of manufacturers and importers is to place on the market of the Czech Republic and EU only products whose electrical equipment complies with the essential requirements of the Directive 2014/35/EU (the Czech Government Provision No. 118/2016 Coll.) and therefore is capable of the safe use.
The most reliable way to prove that the electrical equipment of the particular product can not be a source of any danger, is to compare the properties of electrical equipment with the requirements of relevant technical standards.
For such comparison, the Government Testing Laboratory of Machines J.S.C. provides the relevant testing, expert’s statements and verifications on a product sample:
- Verification of the electrical equipment conformity with the technical documentation;
- Measuring of the protection circuit continuity;
- Measuring of the insulation resistance;
- Voltage test of the electrical strength of insulators;
- Protection test against residual voltage;
- Functional test;
- Protection test against contact;
- Protection test against the penetration of solid foreign particles;
- Protection test against water;
- Test through the supplied AC voltage;
- Measurement of the insulation resistance;
- Measurement of the leakage current;
- Tests of mechanical properties;
- Resistance tests against combustion process and heat;
- Temperature-rise tests.
The verification of the electrical equipment properties at the most products with the rated voltage up to 1000 V AC and up to 1500 V DC can be verified by the appropriate combination of these tests.