One of duties of manufacturers and distributors is to place into the Czech and EU market only such products that do not cause excessive electromagnetic interference and have the corresponding level of electromagnetic resistance when used in the usual environment.
The Government Testing Laboratory of Machines J.S.C. provides measurement of:
- Levels of interfering terminal voltages in the frequency band of 148,5 kHz - 30 MHz;
- Levels of power emitted in the frequency band of 30 - 300 MHz;
- Emissions of harmonic currents;
- Levels of broadband interference fields in the frequency band of 30 - 1000 MHz;
- Levels of narrow-band interference fields in the frequency band of 30 - 1000 MHz;
- Electromagnetic resistance by fast transient phenomena – by group of pulses;
- Electromagnetic resistance by shock pulses;
- Electromagnetic resistance by electrostatic discharge;
- Electromagnetic resistance by voltage drops and breaks.
The suitable combination of these tests can verify the properties of the field of electromagnetic compatibility for almost all products supplied from a distribution network of low voltage (230/400 V, 50 Hz) or from batteries, but also in motor vehicles and machines powered by the internal combustion engine.